Hello Everyone, I hope this post finds you well.
Who wouldn’t be happier when it comes to no-bake recipes? Right?
So, here is another recipe that is very simple and easy but is quite impressive. Today I am going to share an extraordinary dish, mango crepe cake.
Mango crepe cake is a world-famous fashionable, newly trendy recipe all over the world. Everyone likes the texture of the cake after slicing it.
But yes! You need a lot of patience and a lot of fondness when you will prepare this mango crepe cake because multiple crepe layers (generally 25-40 layers are used in one crepe cake) you have to prepare for making this mango crepe cake.
But here, I will share with you the process that how to make a mango crepe cake with only 8-9 layers of crepes.
So, let’s make it very easy.
Table of Contents
History Of Crepes
A fourteen-year-old made the crepe out of a mistake in 1895 at the Maitre at Monte Carlo’s Cafde Paris. His name is Henri Charpentier (1880-1961). He was making ready a kind of dessert for the Prince Of Wales who was the future king of, Edward VII (1841-1910) and his friends.
The Prince asked him for the name of the recipe after eating it with relish. Henri dedicated the name of the recipe to the Princess and named it Crepes England Princesse.
As there was a lady present in that group, he changed the name from Crepes Princesse to Crepes Suzzette.
Henri became the first celebrity chef in the world for his invention of crepes and other recipes.
Source: Life A La Henri – Being The Memories Of Henri Charpentier(book), written by Henry Charpentier(Author), Boyden Sparkes(Author) and Alice Waters(Introduction).
If you want to know the story of Henri and his more delicious French recipes, you can buy the book from Amazon. The link is given.
Why It Is Called As Crepe?
The word crepe came from the French word, crêpe. It is also spelt as crape. It is a mouth-watering, tasty dish. The crepe originated in the 13th century in Bretagne or Brittany in West France.
What Is A Crepe Cake?
Crepe simply means quick to do, thin pancakes. It is especially delicious when it is tender, soft, light and with no flavours added to it. Crepes are very easy to slice even a dessert fork can cut them without falling apart.
The main ingredient of crepe cake is flour, milk and salt. Eggless crepe cakes can also be made.
Sugar is an optional ingredient here. If you like sweetness, you can add some sugar.
Each layer of the crepe cake should be too delicate and fragile when you are eating the cake as a whole.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories76
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
- Trans Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 45mg 15%
- Sodium 50mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10%
- Sugars 22g
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Expert Tips For Making The Mango Crepe Cake
- Whisk the whipped cream until it is hardened. Crepes are very slippery in nature, so always use compacted whipped cream to spread it between the crepes to secure the crepes from slipping and sliding when you detach the cake.
- You can use the mango puree or the pulp to pour it into every layer of the cake or on top of the cake.
- Though Lemon juice is an optional ingredient here, it helps to react with the baking soda and results in soft crepes.
- Always keep the batter aside for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight after covering it. It will give thin, soft crepes.
- Before you are starting cooking, assemble all the important things near the oven. Like oil or butter and the silicone oil brush, ¼ measuring cup, the batter, a small piece of cloth, spatula and a non-stick frying pan etc.
- Always heat the pan for at least 1 minute so that, the crepes will not stick to the pan.
- If you are not eating the crepe cake immediately, keep it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Always try to use the mango jam or the canned mango pulp or puree with the mango slices at the time of layering. It helps to improve the sweetness of the sliced mangoes as sometimes; the mangoes are sour based on the season.
- You can use only mango jam or canned mango puree in case you do not have any mango at your home.
- It is very important to keep your mango crepe cake in the fridge because if the cream melts, the crepe layers will slide on each other and can destroy the decoration and layering.
- If you observe that your crepes browning too fast in the pan while cooking, immediately lower the flame. It will give you soft, tender, thin and light crepes.
Mostly Asked Questions
1. What should be the best cream for filling and decorating a mango crepe cake?
The best cream for filling the mango crepe cake is heavy stiff peck whipped cream. It helps to bind the cake as crepes are very slippery.
2. How many minimum layers should be there in a mango crepe cake?
Ideally, the number of layers is used 25-40 crepes for making a crepe cake. But you can adjust the number of layers as per your choice. Here I have mentioned 8-9 crepes.
3. Are crepe cakes good for our health?
Crepe cakes are not having too much sugar like pastries and cakes. 1 Tbsp sugar is enough to make the crepes. You can also skip the addition of sugar in your crepes if you want. Crepes should have their own natural sweetness. So you can easily add crepes to your diet.
4. Is it easy to make a mango crepe cake?
The process of making the mango crepe cake is very simple and easy but generally, it is taking a lot of time and you need a lot of patience. But here, as I shared the process to make the mango crepe cake with only 8-9 crepes, it will be easier and will take less time to assemble.
5. How to cut a mango crepe cake?
Use the bread knife or some sharp knife to cut it down and make a gentle move while you are slicing it. The frosting is very important before cutting it; otherwise, it will damage your layering as mango crepe cake is very slippery because of its tender texture and mango slices.
6. How to store a mango crepe cake?
You can store the mango crepe cake in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days.
7. Why are your crepes sticking in the pan?
You need some patience when you are heating your pan. Do not heat the pan too fast. Make sure the pan is hot enough to cook the crepes. Always use the non-stick pans for this recipe and sprinkle some cold water after preparing each crepe in the pan.
8. Is it okay to prepare the crepe batter in a blender or a food processor?
It is perfectly okay to prepare the crepe batter in a blender or a food processor as it will save you time.
9. How can I make the thin crepes?
If your batter is too heavy then it will result in thick crepes. If you feel, the batter is too heavy and thick; add some milk with it to thin the texture. The food processor or the electric heater is the ideal tool to whisk the batter for crepes.
10. Why it is mandatory to let your crepe batter rest?
It is an important step as it allows the flour to absorb the liquid and allow the gluten a chance to relax. Well! If you forgot this step it will not destroy your crepes but yes! It is a key point to get the tender, soft, mouth-melting crepes.
The smell and the looks of the mango crepe cake are very attractive. Isn’t it?
As you are making your crepe cake with 8-9 crepes it will not take much time as it is generally taking.
Mango crepe cake is just flawless for the non-pastry people. It is absolutely flavorful and appetizing and a perfect snack for a tiring evening. You should definitely try this mango crepe cake at your home as it is super easy.
Moreover, mangoes will refresh your mind in the summer. So, don’t wait and just give it a try at your home and serve it to your family and friends with a cup of black coffee! Enjoy!
Read All The Macaron Recipes
- Hand Blender
- Gas Oven
Ingredients For Making The Crepes:
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ Cup Milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter
- 2 Pieces Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Neutral oil or melted butter for cooking
Ingredients For Making The Cream:
- 2 Cups Whipping cream (Cold,heavy cream)
- 2 Tbsp Icing Sugar, (optional)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice (optional)
- ¼ Cup Condensed Milk (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Butter (optional)
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese (optional)
- 1 Cup Mango Puree Or Pulp for filling (optional)
- 1 Cup Mango for cut into slices for filling and decoration (optional)
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Peppermint Leaves for decoration (optional)
- First, you have to prepare the batter for the crepes. Then, you need to make the crepes with the batter. Next, ready the whipped cream. And finally, fill the whipped cream and assemble the mango crepe cake.
How To Make Crepes?
- First, shift all your dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking soda and cinnamon powder in a sieve and strain the ingredients properly and mix the dry ingredients gradually.
- Now, place allthe ingredients into a bowl and add eggs, salt, melted butter, vanilla essence, milk with it.
- Whisk it for 1 minute in an electric beater or blender until the batter will be smooth, foamy and creamy.
- If you can seethe consistency of the batter is too heavy, then, add some milk with it.
- Now, cover the bowl and let crepe batter rest for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Alright! Now it’s time to make the crepes.
- Next, take a pan and place it over a medium flame burner. Then, just brush the oil or butter with the help of a silicone brush. Left it as it is for 1 minute to get it hot.
- Now, pour ¼ Cup of batter in the pan and revolve the pan immediately in a circular motion so that the batter will be thin and evenly distributed over the pan.
- Cook it in a low or medium flame until the batter will form the bubbles on the top and will dry up at the edges of the crepe.
- Move the spatula under the crepe from the edge side to unstick it from the pan.
- Then, gently flip the crepe to the other side and cook the other side too until it becomes light brown or golden.
- Now, transfer the crepe onto a flat plate to let it be cool.
- In this way, repeat the same process and make at least 12-13 crepes with the same batter in a similar way.
- When all the crepes will be ready, keep the plate of the crepes aside to cool it down at normal room temperature.
How To Make Whipped Cream For The Mango Crepe Cake?
- First, take a bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to get the best result. Otherwise, you can use any bowl at room temperature for making the whipped cream.
- Next, take the whipping cream and whisk it with the help of an electric beater until the cream will reach to medium peaks. Then,add the icing sugar and mix it properly until it set foot on to the stiff pick.
- Now, You can add optional ingredients like vanilla essence, lemon juice, cream cheese, condensed milk and butter to create the flavour or to enhance the taste of the mango crepe cake. Again, whisk it with the help of an electric beater. It is up to you. If you want, you can skip itas well.
- Lastly, keep the whipped cream in the refrigerator to set it down.
Process Of Assembling, Filling And Decorating The Mango Crepe Cake
- The first thing you need here is to assembly a cake on a baseboard.For that , cut the mangoes.
- Then, choose the 8-9 pieces of good-looking crepes for preparing the mango crepe cake and keep aside the rest of the crepes for a snack.
- Now, you can cut the side edges of the crepes to get a uniform shape.
- Now, start the layering. First, put some whipped cream middle of the baseboard and then place one single crepe on the baseboard.
- Then, put the whipped cream on the first layer of crepe and spread it with the help of a palette knife. Do not put excessive whipped cream. It would be like just fillingthe cream between two crepes.
- Next, put the second layer of crepe and again put the same amount of whipped cream and then place the mango slices and mango pulp or jam on that layer. Again add some whipped cream on top of those mango slices so that the third layer can sit properly on top of that.
- Again, do not use too many mango slices in between the layers as you have to remember, youwill be making so many layers.
- Now again, place the third crepe and put some whipped cream on it and spread it with the palette knife and take another crepe.
- Don’t put mango slices in this layer as it may slide or slip when you will slice or cut it. So, just put the mango slices and mango jam or pulp in the alternative layers only.
- Now, continue the similar process until it reaches the last and final crepe layer.
- Put some whipped cream on the top crepe layer as well and spread it evenly with the help of a palette knife.
- Lastly, the mango crepe cake has to go inside the refrigerator for setting up for at least 8 hours or overnight before you decorate or slice it for serving.
- Now it’s time for the decoration! So, take it out from the fridge and decorate it with some mango slices and mango jam or pulp and add peppermint leaves on top of that.
- Finally, the mango crepe cake is ready to serve!
- Always keep the batter aside for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight after covering it. It will give thin, soft crepes.
- Always heat the pan at least for 1 minute so that, the crepes will not stick to the pan.