Tasty Air Fryer Banana Muffins Recipe
Are you looking to bake something in your Air Fryer that will be easier and also healthy?
Then you should try these air fryer banana muffins. Make it at your home with the daily ingredients that are available in your kitchen. There is no need to turn on your oven or microwave to prepare these moist, soft and delicious air fryer banana muffins.
Maximum children don’t want to eat over ripped bananas, especially when it has tiny brown spots on them. They just want a perfect spotless yellow banana to eat.
So, avoid the tantrum of your child by giving them the banana muffins! My family and my nephews just love these air fryer banana muffins.
To me, breakfast is my most important meal. You can have it with the morning tea and also serve it with the evening coffee.
Banana’s can improve both the mood and the sleep of human beings. Banana helps to create the Tryptophan, which controls the production of Serotonin and Melatonin and help to control mood and sleep.
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a very popular kitchen item.
It is having a basket or tray which can come out and also can be pushed inside while cooking or baking. An air fryer has a fan that blows hot air all around the basket.
If you are not aware that Air fryers are also a great place to bake, then this post will entirely change the concept.
There is a different variety of air fryers available in the market.
What Are Air Fryer Banana Muffins?
Do you know that muffins are also contemplated as quick loaves of bread?
What does the phrase ‘quick bread’ means?
Quick bread means quick to prepare, quick to bake and eat. It is a combination of scones and different types of loaves. In the case of muffins, you only need to mix for a while in a mixing bowl. You don’t need to use the electric beater or mixer, unlike cakes. I am sure that most of the ingredients are already have this on your house.
Air fryer banana muffins are very easy, simple, super quick to make and super delicious. But it’s still delicious because of the bananas. These air fryer banana muffins are also gluten-free.
So let’s bake it together!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories350
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Trans Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 10mg 4%
- Sodium 180mg 8%
- Potassium 140mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
- Sugars 60g
- Protein 3g 6%
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 3%
- Calcium 55%
- Iron 1.5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Read Also: Super Easy Fluffy Protein Pancakes In 10 Minutes
Tips For Making Air Fryer Banana Muffins
Are you ready to read all the tips while making the Air Fryer Banana Muffins? Here you go!
- Types of sugar can be used in banana muffins:
If you want to make darker rich banana muffins, you can also use brown sugar. And you are health conscious; you can use the muscovado or coconut sugar or the maple sugar
- The texture of the batter for banana muffins:
Just stop mixing then when there might be a bit of lump but, no solid undissolved flour should be there in the batter. If you want your muffins very fudgy and soft, don’t overmix them. It might be possible that your muffins may harder or taste like rubber while you are giving a whisk for a long time. So just mix them until all the ingredients will be combined.
- Best cup to be used:
Silicone cups are the easiest and best option rather than ready to bake or paper cups as you can reuse them again. Moreover, they are heavier so cups can be transferred into the air fryer without spilling the batter.
- The texture of the Bananas used in the batter of banana muffins:
I generally use some mashed bananas and some chopped bananas in the batter so that everyone can feel the taste of the chopped bananas while it is served. Moreover, the mashed bananas will enhance the taste of the muffins.
But you can also use any one of them. It depends on you.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda usage:
Always use the baking powder and baking soda in the batter at the last moment when everything is ready to bake. These help batters to rise when baked. Acid salt reacts with the baking soda and produces carbon dioxide gas then gas cells expand when the batter is placed in the oven. So these should be used immediately before placing them in the oven.
Why You Should Try The Air Fryer Banana Muffins At Home?
- You can make these air fryer banana muffins with everyday kitchen ingredients.
- It is a simple, straight forward and easy recipe.
- Super delicious, soft, moist and fudgy muffins.
- It is a great way to use the over ripped brown-spotted bananas that are available at your home.
- The nutrition values are very good in quantity.
- A good substitution to control your cravings for junk food at the time of evening snack.
Mostly Asked Questions About Air Fryer Banana Muffins
I know where you can be stuck. So I have shared some frequently asked questions about the air fryer banana muffins. Here you go:
1. What types of bananas should be used in banana muffins?
I always prefer overripe Lakatan Bananas. Can you use other kinds of bananas except for Lakantan bananas? Yes of course! You can use those. But the maximum bakers who have been baking banana muffins for a long time, always use Lakatan bananas as it has a good amount of sweetness and it will add up an elegant banana flavour to your muffins.
2. How do you know that your banana muffins are ready?
Don’t open the air fryer frequently. Open it only after the baking time is over. Then insert a toothpick and check it comes out clean also you can slightly touch the top surface of the muffin if it bounces back and give you a feel of baked muffins. You can remove it.
3. How much quantity you should fill with the batter while making the banana muffins in an air fryer?
Don’t pour the batter fully into the cups. Keep some gaps. Fill the cups about two or three-quarters and let the batter rise properly.
4. Can you use ready to bake or paper muffin cups or silicone cups inside an air fryer?
Yes! You can use each of them in an air fryer. If you are planning to use the ready to bake muffin cups or silicone cups, you can go for it without any hesitation. But if you are using a paper cup, you have to double the paper cups and then it can be used.
5. Why do you use vinegar while making air fryer banana muffins?
As vinegar helps to create a moist, fluffy and soften your baking items including the pastry and muffin recipes.
6. Is it required to preheat the Air Fryer?
You cannot skip the preheating process. Before cooking or baking, you have to preheat the air fryer first.
7. Why do your banana muffins not soft and fluffy and not rise properly?
Baking is a science. If your baked product in the air fryer is not soft and fudgy or does not rise properly, then in that case, there might be several reasons. You need to preheat the air fryer properly, if your air fryer is not hot enough to bake the muffins it will be failed to increase nicely. Secondly, if the banana muffin batter is overmixed or undermixed, then it will give you a disappointing result. So just mix them until all the ingredients will be combined. If you open the air fryer basket multiple times at the time of baking, then the air fryer will lose heat and will be resulting in an uneven, flat surface muffin. Always mix the baking powder and baking soda in the batter at the last moment when everything is ready to bake.
8. Is there any difference in taste between the Air Fryer Muffins and the oven-baked ones?
I did not feel any differences in taste as the variety and quantity of the ingredients are all same used both in the air fryer and in oven mode. The air fryer makes the edges and bottom of the muffins crispier than the baked ones but the softness remains the same on the inside. Personally, I like the combination of the crispiness on the outside and the softness on the inside of the banana muffins. So feel free to use the air fryers.
9. How to store the air fryer banana muffins?
You can store it in an airtight container or zip-lock bags at a normal or room temperature for 5-6 days and if you are keeping it in the fridge you can store it for 1-2 months easily. But remember, you have to warp it with paper or plastic and then keep it in an airtight container.
Isn’t it so easy to make at home? Correct!
It’s just as simple as that!
Trust me, it will satisfy your cravings for a sugary snack without having any junk food. You will just love it.
So try it at your home and serve it at breakfast or evening snack with a cup of cold milkshake or coffee.
If you found this post helpful and like this quick recipe please let me know how it was in the comment section below. I would also love to hear from you as well if you had some other experience with the air fryer banana muffin recipes.
Air Fryer Banana Muffins
- Air Fryer
Ingredient Lists For MakingThe Air Fryer Banana Muffins
- ½ Cup Almond Flour 48g
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour 60g
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar 55g
- 3-5 Pieces Ripe Bananas 200g(over-ripped,large, brown spotted)
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil 30mL
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter 30g
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Piece Egg
- ½ Cup Maple Sugar 50g
- 2 Tbsp Butter Milk 30mL, at normal room temperature)
How To Make The Air FryerBanana Muffins
- The process of making muffins is called the one-stage method. You have to throw all the ingredients needed in amixing bowl and just mix it and your muffin batter will be ready! Today I will share the step by stepprocess here. The process is too simple to try at your home. So let’s jump intoit!
Process of Making The Batter For The Air Fryer Banana Muffins:
- First, start the process by peeling the overripe bananas.
- After that, take a bowl and strain all the dry ingredients with the help of a strainer.
- Then, add all-purpose flour, almond flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and ginger powder in a bowl and mix it properly.
- Now, take 3 ripe peeled bananas in a separate bowl and press it with the help of a fork until it is mashed properly. Keep the rest of the peeled bananas aside to chop them.
- Then, addthe vegetable oil and the melted butter and mix it well with the help of aspatula.
- Now, add the maple sugar to it. Again mix it. You can adjust the sugar level as per yourliking.
- After that, pour the butter milk, the vanilla essence and the egg into it.
- Give it agentle mix until all the liquid ingredients are mixed properly.
- Now, mixthe dry ingredients with the liquid mixture.
- Lastly, mix the baking soda, baking powder and the chopped bananas and whisk it nicely.
Baking Process Of The Air Fryer Banana Muffins:
- Now, have the cupcake pans or the muffin liners. Then place or line the muffin cups in muffin liners or just use the ready to bake muffin cups instead.
- Then, spray the oil to let your muffins rise later after baking so the muffins won’tstick on the side of your pans.
- Finally, pour the batter over the pan or the ready to bake muffin cups with the help ofan ice cream scoop or a large spoon, so that you can divide it evenly.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 330-350 ° Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, insert the tray with muffins for 5-6 minutes at preheated air fryer. When thegiven time will be completed, insert a toothpick and check it comes out clean.
- After that, remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- You can decorate it either with some banana slices, chocolate chips, cherry, blueberry or mint leaves as per your liking.
- Finally, your super delicious, easy to make Air Fryer Banana Muffins are ready to serve!
- The texture of the batter for banana muffins:
- Best cup to be used:
I wish to visit your cake shop someday